Welcome to Weestay, a service provided by Weestay Limited ("Weestay", "we" "our", "us").
The Website has been designed to give you control over the information you publish and share using Weestay and other sites and services to which you connect your Weestay account.
You don't need to provide us with any personal information in order to visit the Website or download the app however the information you will have access to is limited to that, which can be viewed by the general public.
Information we receive about you
When you register for a Weestay account you will provide us with certain personal information including your name, email address, location and date of birth.
Your information also includes information you choose to share on Weestay, such as when you add a dwelling or a friend, upload a video, a photo or write a review or article or make comments.
We also receive information about you from your friends, such as when they upload a photo of you.
Information we collect automatically
There is certain information that we collect automatically as the result of your use of Weestay such as:
- the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the device from which you access the Platform (this can sometimes be used to derive the country or city from which you are accessing the Platform)
- the specific actions that you take on the Platform, including the pages that you visit, connecting your Facebook account, posting a comment, or performing a search
- any search terms that you may enter on the Website
- the time, frequency and duration of your visits to the Platform
- your browser type and operating system
- the nature of the device from which you are accessing the Platform, for example, whether you are accessing the Platform from a personal computer or from a mobile device
- information collected through cookies and similar technology.
- information regarding your interaction with email messages, for example, whether you opened, clicked on, or forwarded the email message
Information from Other Sources
How we use your personal information
We use the information that we collect about you for the following purposes:
- As a unique identifier and also to contact you if necessary
- Your personal information is also used for the following general purposes:
- To operate and maintain your Weestay account, and to provide you with access to the Website and use of the Apps and any Services that you may request from time to time.
- To identify you as the creator of the comments that you post and/or the other contributions that you make to the Platform.
- To provide you with technical support.
- To analyse the use of the Platform, and the people visiting the Website and using the Apps and Services, in order to improve Weestay.
- To respond to you about any comment or enquiry you have submitted.
- To customize your use of the Platform.
- To prevent or take action against activities that are, or may be, in breach of our Terms and Conditions or applicable law.
- For other purposes, provided we disclose this to you at the relevant time, and provided that you agree to the proposed use of your personal information.
Sharing of your personal information
- Other Users: Any personal information in your public profile (other than your email address) will be accessible by other users of the Platform, who may view your profile information and send you messages.
- With your consent: We will disclose your personal information if you have explicitly agreed that we may do so. We will make this clear to you at the point at which we collect your information.
- If required by law: We will disclose your personal information if we believe in good faith that we are permitted or required to do so by law, including in response to a court order, subpoena or other legal demand or request.
- In the context of a business transfer: We may transfer your personal information to any person or company that acquires all or substantially all of the assets or business of Weestay or on a merger of our business, or in the event of our insolvency.
Deleting your account
You can delete your Weestay account on the Website or the app at any time. Please bear in mind that, if you delete your account, all data associated with your account, including anything that you have uploaded will be deleted and may not be recoverable. You are therefore advised to copy or back up all content uploaded to your account before you delete your account. Please note if you delete your account, it is permanently deleted however, some information may remain in backup copies and logs for up to 30 days. Even if you delete your Weestay account, it is possible that your information may still show up in some internet search results for a short while afterwards, if the search engine maintains a temporary cache of web pages. Search engines' caching processes are outside of Weestay control and therefore we cannot be responsible for any information that remains cached by search engines after that information has been removed from the Platform.
Access to your Data
As described above, most of the personal information you provide to us can be accessed and updated in the Settings page of your Weestay account. If you wish to access, amend or delete any other personal information we hold about you, or if you have any objection to the processing of any information that we hold about you, please contact us at questions@Weestay.com, or the address provided below. If you ask us to delete your account (either via the Settings page or by email), we will do so within a reasonable period of time, but we may need to retain some of your personal information in order to satisfy our legal obligations, or where we have a legitimate reason for doing so.
Cookies and similar technology
Weestay is not intended for use by children. Anyone under the age of 13 is not permitted to use the Platform and must not attempt to register an account or submit any personal information to us. We do not knowingly collect any personal information from any person who is under the age of 13 or allow them to register an account. If it comes to our attention that we have collected personal data from a person under the age of 13, we will delete this information as quickly as possible. If you have reason to believe that we may have collected any such data, please notify us immediately at privacy@Weestay.com.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information, which you provide whilst visiting such sites and this privacy statement does not govern such sites. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Last edited 2nd April 17